Sunday, January 3, 2010

UFC 107 - WEIGH-INS

After the autograph signings, the guys had some time to kill. They went and ate lunch across the street at the super swanky Hooters because "that's all there was." Whatever. They headed back to the Fedex Forum following their agonizing lunch to stand in line again for the weigh-ins. They waited an hour in the cold to get into the building, and then another hour inside the arena before it all started. I'm sure I would've gotten really annoyed with standing for ridiculous amounts of time, but I really wish I could have gone. I sadly settled for the normal living room viewing since I had to stick to my motherly duties and pick up the kids from school. That's alright though because it's always really cute to find out what trinket Brooke chose on treasure box day...Friday.
The big screens showed the entire Countdown...As if everyone there hadn't already watched it.
The purpose of passing the time was accomplished though.
That's Clay Guida's mom in the pink shirt. Or maybe it was just a lady wearing a shirt that says "Guida's Mom".
The proverbial scale of judgment.
Rarely do the fighters have to bare all to try to make weight, but on this particular day there were shockingly five guys who
had to do so. I think they all gave the deer in the headlights look before the raising of the towel. Blame it on Memphis boys.
All of the pictures Nathan took turned out pretty good. He didn't get any of Frank Mir though because he was trying to take a video. I couldn't have that at all, so I tried catching a few shots on our tv screen. The next several pictures are what I took. They are pretty sweet if I do say so myself. Since I recorded the weigh-ins, I was able to freeze frame the crowd shots thanks to the DVR. I searched for a while but finally found the guys. Nathan is the one with the white sleeves and the camera in front of his face. Justin is the one in the black shirt and red hat to the left of Nathan that looks like a little kid :)
My goodness, Frank is massive! He really did put on 25 lbs of pure muscle.
Cheick is such a fool. That stunt probably motivated Frank even more.
How on earth does Diego make his veins pop out like that? Just look at that bicep...Eeek!
You can just feel the intensity in that stare down. Yesssssssssss!
That makes you want to watch the fights right then and there!

I didn't expect Nathan to get home until later that night because I knew he really wanted to hang out in Memphis
to see if Dana White was going to be giving out free tickets to the fights. Plans changed and it didn't quite work out that way.
Besides that, Nathan said this day was one of the best days of his life...And that's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment